View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Choke cable replacement 

ATV: 2005 Rancher 350 ES 4X4
Moose Country Plow
Post Choke cable replacement
Hey guys,

I overtightened the plastic nut on my choke adjustment and broke it. I have a replacement cable and thought it would be pretty straight forward swap. At the carb there are pieces that are not on the new cable, is this a bigger job then I thought? Anyone have some pictures to assist or words of wisdom?

Thanks,
Murray

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:09 am

ATV: 95 TRX300FW
Affiliation: Dirty Intentions riding club.
Post Re: Choke cable replacement
Just push the spring up on the choke plunger and remove the plunger from the cable. Slide the rest off and onto the new cable, place spring and plunger onto the cable. Nothing tough just take your time and try not to loose the spring.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:26 am

Moose Country Plow
Ok, I think I follow! So, Am I leaving the old cable in place and putting the new parts in place of the part I broke?

I'll have a look and give it a try.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:33 am

ATV: 95 TRX300FW
Affiliation: Dirty Intentions riding club.
You will replace the cable, I take it you haven't removed the plastic nut on the carburetor holding the choke valve in. Just loosen the nut and pull the choke valve out of the carb. Then remove the choke plunger and pieces (first directions). You can tie a piece of speaker wire or similar to the old cable and pull it out then tie it to the new cable and pull it into place. Then reinstall the choke plunger.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:41 am

Moose Country Plow
No I stopped when I got to the carb. Didn't want to mess anything up. This is where pictures would be handy.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]